Friday, October 24, 2008

The LOVELY Casket



Oh my! What a different skirtex is compared to interfacing! DUH! Note to self, READ THE DIRECTIONS BETTER! The Joann's we have doesn't carry skirtex, so it's really pellex. And I think it might even be thicker than it was supposed to be, but I wasn't taking any chances! See how much more life it has to it?! Nice and square! Yup, love it... much more like what I was thinking!

And I can't tell you how impressed I am with the designer! Despite being in a major time crunch to get new stuff to the publishers, she took time to walk me threw the HORROR casket! Great lady, can't say enough about her!:)

Look how much better my corners are!

I even added my button and made the cording this morning at 1am! :)


Now I'm just waiting on my grey fabric for all the stuff to go inside! Can you tell I feel much better about it?! :)

I finished two more JBW's over one. I took the picture with the fabric I am going to use for the backing. I love the fabric I found for the lark.

Can you tell how small these are? Here's a picture with a ruler.. no more than 2 inches! Sorry for the glare on the ruler!


I'm gone until Sunday. Dh is doing a youth retreat at a beach this weekend for 300 youth! :) Thankfully their leaders will all be with them! :) We decided late last night that he'd take our youngest with him, and we just let him skip the day of school. I'll pick up my oldest at 2:30 and head down, it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive. So I've been by myself since 7am! :) That was a nice break and surprise! SHH...I'm still in my jammies!

6 comments:

Daffycat said...

I am so pleased the new interfacing worked out. The "new" casket looks fantastic!

Eva said...

It looks great, Sarah! What a difference the new interfacing makes.

Andrea said...

Great to see you decided to re-do the finishing. You know you would of hated yourself if you hadn't. It looks wonderful and I can tell from your post that you are proud of yourself. :)

Kathy A. said...

I am so happy for you and your beautiful new finishing. Your redone casket does indeed look lovely. I like your new ornaments and their matching fabrics.

Sonda said...

It looks wonderful! Glad you were able to get it all straight! It would drive me nuts, too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.