Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Bear Project

This is my first time posting a picture in a blog, so not sure how this will turn out!:) This is a bear pattern that took me WAY too long to finish! It was a pattern made for me personally by Jamie from White Willow Stitching. It was made from an actual photo that my brother took.

Unfortunately, even after checking it a multitude of times, there is ONE BLANK SQUARE! Ugh! I think it must have been a confetti stitch that got pulled out during framing.

The other cool thing about this, is that the lady who framed it retired this year and after MANY years in the industry, she did this as her final piece. She even mentioned it and signed it on the back.

Don't tell my brother, but I don't really like this picture!:) I think it's cause of years of looking at it as a WIP! (work-in-progress) He is thrilled with it, so that makes me happy!

4 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh WOW!!! That's gorgeously done Sara...lots of work there...

Anonymous said...

Sara, it is wonderful in the finished state. Jamie did a great job in the design and you, of course, did a fabulous job with your stitching. Congrats on this, as I know from seeing you work on it, that it was a long and tedious project.

~Julie~ said...

There he is!!!!! "Mister Bear" is what I call him--and I think he is one of my ALL-TIME favorite finishes of anyones'!! There's just something about him that really shows his character! I grew up in Montana, and he looks very much like the bears we had there, and I miss MT!! GREAT JOB, as usual, Sara. I think "majestic" is a good term for him!


~Julie~

Teri said...

Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. Your brother is so blessed to have such a family treasure.