Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Linda Meyers Amish Quilt Show


This pattern almost got tossed in the UFO pile! (AKA trashcan) I started it before I knew much about fabric and it is a huge count! I think at least 24, if not bigger. But it's a very cheap fabric and you can about see right through it! There is a border that goes on the pattern, but I like realistic pictures, so left off the quilted border.


This is the last of my big pictures to show you! I have done quite a few other big projects, but they don't live with me anymore! My grandma has quite a few piece, my mom has plenty, my sister has a great finished project that I need to take my own picture of. She is not a stitcher, and I let her get online and pick a pattern she liked! Imagine my shock and eventual HORROR when I saw my first eight paged computer graphed pattern! When I finished it I swore I'd NEVER do another!

Then my little brother took this great picture and I knew I had to stitch it for him: The Bear! Course I have one more brother that doesn't have much of anything stitched by me! So he's next on the list... I just need to find the perfect pattern!

3 comments:

jane said...

Oh my goodness, you have done some absolutely gorgeous things! I love the Amish Quilt Show. And the other one, my friend had done that years ago and has looked and looked for the pattern for me. Where can I get it?
How long does it take you to do one of these large patterns?

saras said...

Which pattern are you looking for? The three panelled Amish one?

I really am not sure how long they take me!:) The Guardian Angel one I stitch in two weeks.. yup, but DH was gone on a trip and I stitched like crazy!

Monsoon said...

Yeah links work!