Monday, September 29, 2008

I feel a little guilty!

I went to do my shopping at Kroger today and at the checkout counter, I noticed the Altoid tins had one of those $1 off coupons stuck on it. I couldn't find a price tag, but figured it wouldn't be too bad with the $1 off! So I added it to my cart. When I check out, it rang up for 1.69, but Kroger had it marked down to $1, plus I had a $1 off coupon! So yup, I got it for $0.00! So I grabbed three more, all they had at that checkout lane.

I came home, thought about it, and went back and got six more! But now I feel a little guilty that Kroger GAVE me 10 tins of Altoids, normally $1.69 or $1.99 each. I did leave four tins with the $1 off coupon.... figured I didn't need that many of them!

I love deals like that, thought I don't think I've ever gotten that good of a deal! :)

Now we need to hurry up and eat them, so I can use the tins to make something!!

3 comments:

Daffycat said...

Ooo, good buy! Grocery stores (I work in one)do this to clear out close-dated product...I imagine it just happened to fall during a sale week. Better to sell them and get them off your shelf (even if you make no money) than to end up thowing them out.

Monsoon said...

Don't feel guilty, they get money from the manufacturer coupon!

Suzanne said...

no need to feel guilty! I love getting great deals that way! Suz