Here's what I've been doing all week! I started it Saturday afternoon, after the mail came with my floss and finished it last night. A friend stitched it and shared her pattern with me. We used the same fabric, but she stitched in a really pretty navyish blue and of course I stitched it in red. I used a handdyed floss from a new lady. Gaby from Germany had sent me the threads in an Fair and Square exchange. When I contacted the lady who made the floss, to get more for this pattern... turns out she is in Illinois! How funny is that? From Illinois to Germany back to North Carolina.
This was a really easy stitch. Except for two darn rows. They gave me a fit, and the row with the cross shapes I ended up stitching THREE times! It was supposed to have eyelet stitches, but by the time I had to frog the eyelets twice, the fabric was looking quite stretched out and weak. And I accidentally snipped ONE fabric thread! AGH! So I changed it to smyrna stitches, so it would hold that one loose thread better! So far so good!
The neat thing is that I'll be able to use lots of the motifs in the sampler for little fobs and needle books. I did change the first A, it was supposed to be that fancier A that is in the first row of alphabets, but I couldn't hardly tell what it was, so I used the more simple A.
It's by Mary Garry, I think the title of it is A Pattern For Sewing Well.
The lighting was horrible! But I was trying to get closeups, and sort of holding it in my lap while taking the shot, etc! At least you get the idea!