Thursday, October 29, 2009

I Heart Coupons

Have I ever told you that I love coupons?! I just hate to pay full price for anything... (well, maybe for cross-stitch, does that ever go on sale?!)

Anyway, we have some stores here that double coupons on a regular basis, and sometimes triple them. I got some great deals today! :) I'm sure you really want to know what they were, so I'm going to tell you!

Box of Cheerios $3.00----I paid .58
Canned Chicken $1.99----I paid .55
Little individual microwave Chef Boyardee $1.15----I paid .11
Deodorant....I paid .25
Frozen Tony Pepperoni Pizza $1.49----I paid .11

Just a sampling, I don't want to be a total nerd and admit I remember lots of the prices. I mean, if it's a good deal, how can you forget that?!

I walked out of Harris Teeter with four bags of groceries, and paid a little over $10. Walked out of Kroger with six bags and paid about $15. I just happened to walk into Kroger when they brought two cart fulls of "damaged" product out front. I got lots of stuff for .50, and the only problem was the box was dented on the side. Even got something for the kitty: Organic Cat Food $5.99-----for $1.25. I only bought one bag and there were two there, what was I thinking??!!

Went to the gym today, went to four grocery stores total, took my youngest to lunch....quite a busy day so far! No time for stitching, but I'm hoping to make up a bunch of cording this afternoon to finish up some of the ornaments I have put together, but not finished completely.

I finished three more little ornaments last night, I just used the biscornu method of connecting backstitch to put them together. Boy, are the cute! In fact, maybe my favorite so far. I'll post a picture later, first I've got to go unpack groceries!

p.s. if this bores you like it bores everyone I know, just act interested! that's what Mike and the boys do! Now if I call my Grandma (age 92) she'll be excited! Well, at least she's a good actor!

9 comments:

JillMN said...

I love coupons too! And I say, it's not how much you spend, it's how much you saved!

Tracey said...

Wow, you go girl! I wish HT had a store where I live, the closest one is about 30 min. away, so the gas we use would eat up some of our savings! This morning I got some Target Market Pantry Granola bars, I had a 1.00 off coupon, just so happened they were on sale (though not marked) so I paid .78! Woo hoo!
My not-so-LNS doesn't have coupons, but last time I was there she had a sale on certain leaflets, buy one get two free and buy one get three free! Some BOGOs too. :)

Tracey said...

Actually, just looked at where you are- my not-so-LNS is probably right near you! Lazy Daizy in Raleigh!

Shannon said...

WOW ! That's amazing ! Coupons in Canada suck, so for me, that is fascinating :)

Faye said...

I too am the ocupon queen!~ Love it...gotta do it this day and time..you scored some mega deals though!~ way to go.... Linda and I talked about you at PALS this weekend!~lol....shes a hoot isnt she??? cant wait to see those finishes!~ Faye

Diana said...

I'm with you. I hate to pay full price on anything,too! I have never found deals as good as you did though. They don't double or triple coupons where I live. Happy shopping!

CindyMae said...

I try to use coupons but I am horrible about it. Thanks for this post though, I think that after seeing some of your savings, I will try harder!!

Lisa said...

I wish that I had a HT here too. My grandmother (92, too) has one where she lives and loves it. None of our stores do the double/triple coupon. However, I found a place that I can down load coupons to my grocery store card and there fore I don't have to carry around paper (however, when the deal is buy 2 - I don't always remember).
BTW...your life stories are never boring!

Carolyn NC said...

Great deals!