Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happy Fall Ya'll

We had a great weekend at the beach! Perfect weather...we had one downpour, and I mean a soaker! But it happened when the 200+ teens and their leaders were inside with their groups. Perfect timing.

On the way back, we passed this little pumpkin stand and thought we might buy one of their huge pumpkins.

When we got out of the car and saw the sticker price of $35-40 for each pumpkin, we figured we'll settle for a few cute pictures!

As you can tell the boys were FREEZING! I think the temperature, after a two hour drive from the beach, must have been at least twenty degrees cooler! And it was windy too-check out Luke's new do!

Luke-who desperately needs a haircut, but I'm not ready to fight that battle!
Andrew, who absolutely lives in this green jacket!

What?! A nice picture of them together?! I think they were too cold to put up a fight!


You've probably seen this a million times! But last year, when we passed this same stand, it was the first time EVER I'd seen real pumpkins grown in a real field! (I'm from Alaska, don't hold it against me!) As we were leaving, there was a HUGE pumpkin field across the road, I am half tempted to go back just to take a picture! I think it's so neato!

Happy Fall! :)

5 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Cute pics of your family and the pumpkins!

Jinger said...

Love the pumpkin pics! We actually went and got our pumpkins yesterday. A local church youth group sales them and they generally have a nice selection with very reasonable prices. I can't say they had any pumpkins anywhere near as big as the ones in your pictures, but still nice. I had a really nice, big one picked out (along with all my small ones), but he had a bad bruise on him and I had to put him back. :-( Oh, well. I came home with about 20 pumpkins (1 large, 2-3 medium, 6 small and about 10 or more very small)for $33!!! I was pleased!

All your ornies from the previous post are just GORGEOUS!!! I love them all. Such a great job on all of them.

Carol R said...

Great pics Sara. I've seen pumpkins growing in a field either!

Daffycat said...

Awesome pictures, Sara!

Ok, now I'm seriously thinking of growing some of those giant pumpkins. They are way too cool. And I don't even vegetable garden! lol

Vicky L said...

I love the pictures. Glad you had a great time with the family. That is the first time I saw a field of real pumpkins myself and I am in CT! I knew the fields existed but just never saw one.