Thursday, January 28, 2010

What's Wrong With This Picture?

So last weekend, was a stitcher's paradise, to put it bluntly! I spend Friday evening with no children, stitching until 2:00am! Then all day Saturday, until 7:00pm I spent stitching! Came home, and stitched for a few more hours. No kids, no responsibilities, no nothing except stitching! Oh and maybe I had some really yummy food too!

This weekend, I am spending with my DH, my kids, four college band guys, and 75 teenagers!

What's wrong with this picture? :)

Nothing, really! I'm helping DH run a youth weekend event. We'll be collecting and packaging food that will be sent to Haiti, ASAP. Some of us will help build a senior citizen a handicap ramp for their home. And we'll do some yard work for some people that really need some help!

Of course that will only happen if it doesn't snow this weekend! You know, in the south, life SHUTS DOWN when it snows! Or even when snow is in the forecast. As it is the high is supposed to be 29 on Saturday. And we'll be spending 90% of our time outside! BRR! That's cold for us southern folk!

Don't be shocked, but I worked on Flower Power! Yes siree, got a lot stitched on it too! I spent all day last Fri/Sat stitching with various colors of green! Ugh! But I'm on to the pink flowers and they will be marvelous!

Pictures soon....

4 comments:

Annie Bee said...

How lovely to get some stitching time. Sound like a lot of fun working with the teens and what a great cause it is all for. It is good to hear these sort of stories.

Faye said...

How selfless of you guys to give in such a generous way! I know the lives you touch will be so rewarded!!! Thanks for all you and your husband do!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

I'm glad you had such a good time last weekend - and what a wonderful effort you're making this! You'll have to stitch when you get home to thaw out ;-)

Mylene said...

Goodluck this weekend. Hope the weather's fine for the acivities.