Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Fall Y'all!

I have some great pictures to show you guys! The boys were jumping in huge piles of leaves, we had a blast. We went up to my inlaws a day early, and helped them out with their leaves! My word, there were a TON of them!

I don't think I have ever jumped into a pile of leaves! I grew up in Alaska, and basically after about October, we were dealing with snow piles, not leaf piles! Besides, in the area I'm from, there are mostly Spruce Pine Trees, and all they have are sharp needles!

I think that's one of the things I love the most about living in the south! The colors this fall have been absolutely gorgeous! There is still a tree at a house behind ours, that is PURE yellow! I just love to see it!

At home (in Alaska) you just skip right over the warm days of fall and shoot straight into snow and ice and BRR! :) We'll get to experience that in a few weeks when we go up for Christmas for two weeks. DH and I are already worried, we've been really cold the past few days, and Alaska will be at least 30 degrees cooler! :) We'll survive!

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! I hope you have a relaxing, wonderful day tomorrow with family and friends! My life is blessed beyond measure, I hope yours is too!

1 comment:

Paisley said...

Interesting to learn you used to live in Alaska. My oldest son will be transferring to Ft. Richardson in Anchorage in February. I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip there for Christmas!