Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Grandma turns 90!

Yup, she's turning 90 next week. She lives in PA, but is on her way with my Grandpa to Alaska for a few weeks, and to celebrate her 90th birthday in AK. For a million different reasons it is impossible for me to go! (wah, sob) But I have this great 90th birthday card I found last year and saved to send her. I knew if I didn't buy it, I'd never find another one! How often do you see 90th birthday cards?!

Anyway, today I have marked to send her the card in AK, sometimes mail takes a while. But I think I could wait until Friday and it would still get there on time. When I was at Sue's, I picked up a hummingbird bookmark, one of those stitched on a brass bookmark! Know what I mean? I've never seen one exactly like this one, but my grandma loves hummingbirds. So, I decided I'm gonna stitch it! DUH! Why didn't I decide that last week? So that leaves me two days to really get it stitched and in the mail! I have a total of about ten stitches in it now! Due to it being brass, my usual sewing method is out the door. I'll have to use poke and stab! Ugh! The thing is 100% stitched, I'lll post a picture when I'm done! :)

2 comments:

Daffycat said...

Whew, I hope you can get it stitched up super fast!

Happy birthday to Grandma!

Kathy A. said...

Wow, Happy Birthday Gramma. Congrats on such a long life. Good luck with that bookmark